Although Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak times will vary by both the train operator and route, the times generally fit within the timelines listed below:
- (Mon-Fri) Not valid for arrival into London before 11:30am
- (Mon-Fri) Not valid for leaving London before 9:30am and between 3pm and 6:45pm
- Valid on all trains at weekends and on public holidays
- (Mon-Fri) Not valid for arrival into London before 1pm and between 3pm and 8:30pm
- (Mon-Fri) Not valid for leaving London before 11am and between 1:30pm and 8:15pm
- (Weekend) Not valid for arrival into London before 12pm and between 5:45pm and 8pm
- (Weekend) Not valid for leaving London before 10:30am and between 4:30pm and 6:30pm
Please be aware that the times given above for both off-peak and super off-peak tickets are intended as a guideline only and we would recommend that you check the specific restrictions that apply to your ticket.
There are a couple of ways you can find out if Off-Peak tickets are valid on a particular route.
1. Search for your journey on Virgin Trains. If either Off-Peak or Super Off-Peak are listed as a ticket type then your ticket is valid.
2. Contact the Train Operating Company, they will have the most up to date information.
Please find below, under 'File Attachments', a file that outlines the Off-Peak restrictions when travelling with Virgin Trains which may be useful.